Sunday, May 09, 2021

Happy Mother's Day! / Movie Pet Peeves / The Deer Hunter / Writing Blog / Horror Blog

First off, Happy Mother's day to everyone, especially, my mom, Lorraine Eagle, I love you! 

I delivered her Mother's day gift yesterday, a couple delicious bags of Lindt Chocolates, along with M&M's, those are her favorites. The picture is of my mom and her mother, my Grandma Ruby (one of my horror fans who I discussed the Bruised Man with on many occasions and conversations) she has since left us and I miss her and those conversations dearly.

What is your favorite movie genre? Or if you have more than one, what are they?

I stick with horror, the macabre and a good documentary.

I do have pet peeves within the horror genre and in this post I will cover two, I don't want to go on and on with my realist views, because that could very well turn into a trope. 

Maria and I just watched The Deer Hunter, not horror, I watched it three times and I cried for the first time this past watch. I think I was reading into the symbolism and got caught up in the drama. I'm sure when that movie was released people were getting fed up with Vietnam themed movies of the time, i.e. Taxi Driver, Apocalypse now, etc. I can't get enough of them. It was those genre's of movies that defined the horrors of war and the after effects on the very humans that served in them. That is my movie watching recommendation for all of you. So add it to your list.

Okay, now I'm going to discuss two overdone movie tropes/clichés that I've come to despise.

I hate a character that takes pills to stop seeing monsters, the ethereal, and hauntings. It's been overdone. When's the last time you were scared of something and you actually popped a pill so that you didn't see it? Probably never! 

Have you ever been so scared or chased by someone or something and found a good hiding place? Probably not, but if you did find said hiding place, did you cower there? Or, drum roll please, cover your mouth with your hand to stop from screaming or breathing too loudly! NO! NO YOU DID NOT! This is overdone and ABSURD!

Okay, those were two short movie peeves I have. Be sure to list yours in the comments. Thanks for reading. 



No comments: