Monday, May 10, 2021

How does Anger translate in your Day To Day? / Anger is Healthy? / Writing Blog / Horror Blog

I know that Mother's Day was yesterday, and I failed, on my social media platforms, to acknowledge my partner/wife/bride of twenty plus years, Maria. She's the type that respectfully hides from these platforms because she's smart. She still scrolls through them, yes, but she's stealthy about it. I owe her so much because she's the person who diffuses me when, anger, yes a powerful word and emotion, surges through me. Being a writer I have had some, and I say it loosely, some, surges of physical anger but it is a rare unicorn in my life. It's not in my nature to act out physically because, WHY? Emotional anger is plenty enough!

She's a better person than me in that she doesn't get  angry, mad, maybe, but she stays calm, and snuffs my fuse out with a soothing mantra. Okay, that sounded too romantic, she tells me to STOP, and I listen. Why? Because I respect her , and know that her telling me to stop means she's concerned for my health and that anger is not worthy of the energy that I'm giving it. Sometimes I describe it on the page when I write about the ass-hat who had pushed those buttons. Anger translates on the page with horror fiction better than any costly therapist.

So to end this short post, I'm going to shout out a LOUD, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to my partner/wife/bride, MARIA! I don't give her enough credit, and she deserved more than this post, but for now, this is what I'm offering! Thanks for reading!



No comments: