Thursday, March 04, 2021

Our New Neighbors are Moving In / Mr. Bluebird on My Shoulder / Writing Blog / Horror Blog

The sun had settled and I saw a glint of color outside. Maria said, "It looks like they're moving in now." I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I got the camera out, but at that point dusk was moving quickly and if their move was a sure thing I would have a better opportunity to get a picture the next day. 

The night was cooler. I slept like a baby and woke early, around six o'clock. I started a pot of coffee and Maria joined me. We drank the warm caffeinated sustenance that helped shake the chilly night from our bones. The news was droning on about March Forth (intentionally misspelled, haha!), and our new neighbors reappeared.

I looked at the Blue Bird house my dad had mounted in the back yard and there he was. Mr. Blue Bird, his almost too bright blue feathers, glimmering in the sunlight as he inspected their new domain. I cracked the door of the Airstream and put my Canon to my eye. It was time to capture this blue beauty. Just as I snapped, Mrs. Blue Bird rested on the top of the new home. I was able to shockingly capture the couple in their splendor. I like new neighbor's, especially those who give color and beauty in a world that can be so monochromatic at times. It was refreshing.



No comments: