Friday, March 05, 2021

About my Newly Published Story / My Character Sabre / How does this Writing Process WORK? /Writing Blog / Horror Blog

I'm going to take a minute to discuss the most recent character that I've written about. He appears in the new publication I've been promoting, The Gates of Chaos. Some of you wonder how a guy like me, married, a father of seven, who has renovated an old school house, and seeking every dream, creates such evil. First off, you should know that Vasectomus was me writing as Jim Falcon. Let me explain.

I've often struggled with crossing that fine line in horror (most of you are shaking your head, NO YOU HAVEN'T!). Instead of using blunt words I'd soften them. For example I'd use "privates" instead of "dick" when referring to male genitalia.  Jim Falcon don't hesitate to jump into the taboo, to write the rawness that can chill someone and disturb on a level that I'm still working on in my horror. When I put Jim's name on something I'm still giving readers the quality, without the softened blows. Writing as Jim Falcon in Vasectomus, I hope that I woke that primitive brain, and you either flew away or fought on and continued down the path of the story, I can only hope you finished reading it.

About Sabre. He's been around, or at least the name has been used in several of my stories. He's like a teenager, or forty year old man, trying to find an identity. He's been the Sheriff of Stevats and even a firefighter responding to a spontaneously combustible situation . He's been in my head since the nineties. I often put him into a character that is someone who emanates the very thing that grates your skin. He crawls on your spine like the chills the sound of nails on a chalkboard makes. He's negative, usually has a small bevy around him, and pulls them down into his dark outlook. He turns lemonade into lemons. Okay, you get the point. I write the story about him because he is who he is and regardless of his background or the negative, give the story a shot, for ME, not for him. I hope you read the story, and then proceed to checkout on Amazon with my other books. Thanks so much for reading, now go get The Gates of Chaos! (available soon in soft back).



No comments: